Friday, April 3, 2015

The Things I'm Most Grateful for in Life

Outside of holidays dedicated to gratitude, we seldom take time to think of that in life for which we are truly grateful. Here are the things I personally am most thankful for in life.

  1. My mum and my MorMor. My family has always taken care of me and provided for me, and I am infinitely thankful for their love and support. 
  2. The rest of my family, AKA my pets. My family is rather small. It's just me, mum, MorMor, three dogs, and a particularly noisome cat. My pets are a big part of my raison d'etre, which is why I'm grateful for the gift of their presence in my life. As fleeting as their lives may be in comparison to ours, they leave a huge and permanent pawprint on our hearts once they depart us. 
  3. My home. It shelters me in the winter, it protects me from the rains, it keeps me warm, and it provides running water. That's a lot more than a lot of people around the world have. 
  4. My panda bear Steb. Most people are grateful for their friends, and I am too. It just happens that my friends aren't human. It's okay; it happens sometimes. 
  5. Beauty. Without the beauty in this world, life would be all but meaningless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment