Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Eurovision Review: Lithuania with This Time

First Thoughts: This time, Lithuania may actually have a shot at making the final. I like the song. Mrs. Lithuania doesn't have the best live voice, but she's got plenty of time to improve that before May and she and Mr. Lithuania have a good enough dynamic to distract from those few faltering notes. Plus, I love the kiss in the middle of the song. Call me a romantic.

Best Lyric: This time I think I'm falling in love, this time you're sent from Heaven above. How romantic. *sigh*

Worst Lyric: My God, stop for a minute and think: How about we just go out for a drink? I know you #diditfortherhyme, but going out for drinks is not as romantic as these two seem to think it is.

Finalist? This one's hard to say. I like the song, but there are a lot of good songs in this semi. This isn't a song you can listen to and call a shoe-in for the final. It all comes down to running order, bloc voting, and the number of finalists this year. And lo and behold, the running order (Lithuania is going first) is not in this country's favor. Wear your lucky socks, guys.

Final Thoughts: This one is definitely going in my iTunes library. Eurovision songs are a little like moss. They start out annoying as heck, but they start to grow on you after a couple of listens, and before you know it you've got a green thumb and a green head and two green feet and a family of squirrels nesting in your hair.

Score out of 12: Seven. I really do like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment