Dave's blog offers an insightful glimpse into his world view, and I think you could learn a lot from his well-thought-out and well-executed posts on topics ranging from fashion and neckties to life and career goals.
Now what is the Liebster Award all about? It is an award given to a blogger with less than 200 followers to help build the blogger's readership.
One of the rules of this award is to answer 11 questions about myself and my blog. I hope this would help for you to get to know me better! Here are the Q and A:
1. Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
My inspiration comes from nature, Eurovision, my cat, and various blogging challenges I partake in.
2. Is your blogging simply a hobby? What kind of dreams do you have for it?
I blog mostly to overcome writer's block, and as a way to keep busy until I can start work in earnest of my next novel. My muse has run dry for now, but it'll come back eventually.
3. What is your support system like and who are your biggest supporters?
My mum has always been my biggest supporter, followed by my MorMor, my dogs, my cat, and my stuffed animal buddies.
4. What are 10 random facts about you?
- I have enough clothes to fill four closets and eight drawers.
- My best friend is a stuffed panda bear.
- I am trilingual. I also understand Interlingua.
- I really love cupcakes.
- My birthday is on Friday.
- My favorite song is the bilingual (Spanish/French) version of Je L'aime a Mourir
- I own five neckties. My cat thinks they're his.
- I love Post It's
- My favorite ice cream flavours are birthday cake, chocolate fudge brownie, cookie dough, and coffee.
- I give my pets new nicknames every six months or so.
5. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I like seeing my viewership slowing climbing. I also like sitting down to write and being inspired by the blogging community. I also think doing fashion and Eurovision posts are fun.
6. What do you do when you feel overwhelmed with too many tasks at once?
Mostly I'd just cry.
7. What would you do with a large sum of money given to you?
I would buy a lakehouse in Skåne and fulfill my dream of being a hermit.
8. What was one of the most moving books or movies you have ever seen?
Paradise Lost. Also the Moomins series, because the Moomins are awesome.
9. Where would you like to see yourself in the next couple of years?
Hopefully back in university.
10. Do you have a bucket list? Name 5 things on that.
- Become a hermit (just joking)
- Pet a panda
- Have a terrier dog
- Get married
- Learn to fly
- Watch Eurovision live (hopefully the year that Iceland finally wins)
11. What is your single best piece of advice for someone starting out in the blogging world?
Plan your posts ahead of time. It frees you of the burden of having to come up with your daily/weekly post on the spot.
As part of the deal too, I get to nominate 11 awesome bloggers! Here are my nominees in no particular order:
- Donna Foreverserenity with Fabulously Curvy
- Author AJ Lauer's blog
- That Delete Button by Fatima K
- Visions of Other Worlds by Jessica Marcarelli
- Beautiful Bright Light by Gina Crowe
- Sydney's Life in Pixels, by Sydney
- A Sea Change by Kathie K
- Imagination is My Mentor; Let's Inspire Others by Leyshla Rodriguez (Spanish)
- Eurovision through the Ages by Martin Palmer
- Dream Home Style by Debra Brooks
- Adventures of Border Collies in the Burbs by Vicki Green
Since the Liebster Awards are a great way for new bloggers to gain readership, feel free to check out and follow the blogs I've nominated.
Nominees, it's your turn. If you are willing to participate, answer the 11 questions above in your own blog post and nominate 11 bloggers who has 200 followers and below. You can make your own set of questions for your nominees or just use the ones I have above. Leave a comment on your nominees' blogs so they would be informed about the nomination and can decide if they'd like to participate. Be sure to include a link back to your blog post so they can have an example. This is an awesome way to build our community and to spread the love in the blogosphere with our fellow writers and bloggers.
Thank you again!