Wednesday, April 22, 2015

April A-Z Challenge: Star Trek

No blog of mine would be complete without at least one post about Star Trek. When I was a little younger, I loved Star Trek. I used to watch Voyager every day and I must have seen every episode at least three times. I can probably still recite most of the series by heart, and to this day, one of my most prized possessions is the complete Star Trek: Voyager box set complete with seasons one through seven plus exclusive extras.

I even dragged my mum along to a Star Trek convention an hour or two away a few years back. She hated it, but MorMor and I had a blast, and I got Kirk and Spock pins in addition to an Original Series T-shirt that I sadly grew out of soon afterwards.

The only series I never watched was Deep Space Nine, and these days, I'd probably cite Star Trek: The Next Generation as my favorite Star Trek series. My favorite movies continue to be the old ones despite my utter elation at the fact that not one, but two, new movies have brought Star Trek to a brand new generation. Nothing will ever replace the bad special effects and tribbles of the 60's, but I'll keep watching (and loving) Star Trek as long as they keep making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment