Saturday, April 11, 2015

April A-Z Challenge: Jams and Jellies

Hello! Come in, come in. Would you like a jelly baby?

Sorry, wrong fictional universe, but I just couldn't resist. Doctor Who fans will know exactly what I'm talking about.

In any case, this post isn't going to be about jelly babies, or jelly beans, or jelly bellies. It's going to be about good ol' jams and fruit preserves. It's a little known fact that Kaija is a jam connoisseur. My favorite fruit spread is elderberry jelly, but my collection also includes lingonberry jam, apple butter, peach preserves, blackberry jam, raspberry jam, blueberry jam, cherry butter, chipotle pepper jelly, winter pear conserve, pumpkin butter, peach butter, lemon curd, and apricot preserves.

What can I say? I prefer my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches toasted and gourmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment