Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Eurovision Review: Israel with Golden Boy

First Thoughts: I kind of like the way this song starts out, but it peaks around the thirty second mark and it doesn't get any better from there. This just isn't my style of music, and I personally think the chorus would sound better in Hebrew or Arabic.

Best Lyric: I'm a golden boy, come here to enjoy, and before I leave, let me show you Tel Aviv! Also: Pull me, baby; I'm your trigger. Even I have to admit it's a little catchy.

Worst Lyric: Mama, someone broke my heart again. Now I'm gonna ease my pain... Dancing on the floor. This is a personal pet peeve of mine. I hate it when songs mention 'dancing on the floor.' It's weak. No one assumed you were dancing on the ceiling. Give your audience an ounce or two of credit, will you? And: Gotta go! Three minutes! Bye bye! Seriously? Seriously! It's a Eurovision song, Israel, and you're not even European. *facepalm.*

Finalist? Probably.

Final Thoughts: There are some stellar lyrics in this song, but there are also some I'm really not fond of. All in all, it's a decent song, but I doubt I'm going to remember it once Eurovision is over.

Score out of 12: Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment