Thursday, April 16, 2015

Eurovision Review: Montenegro with Adio

First Thoughts: Honestly, my first thoughts were: "It's Montenegrin." In Eurovision language, that means a) it's Montenegrin and b) it's not very good. With songs like Euro Neuro staining Montenegro's Eurovision past, it's not difficult to be a skeptic. However, Montenegro really made a comeback last year and they didn't disappoint this year either. Adio is very classy, very beautiful, and all and all just a very good song.

Best Lyric: I love the entire song, but it's the violin riff and the build up to the chorus that really make the song for me.

Finalist? I truly hope so. I know non-English songs never do as well as their English-language rivals, but I hope that the pure beauty of this song and the power of the Balkan voting bloc can help this song coast into the finals.

Final Thoughts: I actually think this song might be in my top five this year. Here's to the all-powerful ballad! Can I get an opa up in here? Wrong country? Well, okay, then.

Score out of 12: Douze points. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment