Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Eurovision Review: Portugal with Ha un Mar que nos Separa

First Thoughts: I don't speak Portuguese, but I like this song. It's fierce, it's untamed, and it's deeply emotional. Ms. Portugal's voice struggles a little with some of the notes in the version I'm listening to, but, all in all, it's a decent song.

Finalist? Probably. The running order and the fact that this song isn't in English won't work in it's favour, but I think that the song is strong enough on its own to slide into the ranks of finalists.

Final Thoughts: I like this song, but I don't love it. It's not completely forgettable, but it's not terribly memorable either. That, combined with the imperfections of the singer's voice, makes me want to give this one a lukewarm thumbs-up.

Score out of 12: Six. Good, but not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment