- A solider in the Great War. I dream about war all the time, so, hey, why not?
- I was definitely a cartographer at one point in a past life. I used to sail around the world making maps in the 1600's. Mind you, I wasn't very good at it. To my credit, neither was anyone else. See: Every map ever made in the 1600's.
- A historian. Back when Constantinople was still the rocker and roller of the world, I was a scholar of Roman history.
- In Ancient Egypt, I was a scribe and a messenger. You know that expression 'don't shoot the messenger?' Well they did, with a poisoned arrow. So here I am. Now. Four thousand years later.
- Under Queen Elizabeth's rule, I was totally a pirate. My crew and I explored the world, spreading disease and anarchy, until a mutiny took my life. I died as I lived - by the sword.
- A long, long, long time ago, I was an artist. That was in one of my first lives as a human, back when we lived off the land, painted our mark on the walls of our caves, and died harder than Bruce Willis ever did.
- I've been a writer in several lives, including this one.
- I'm not proud of it, but I was a gravedigger in the 1300's. Someone had to do it, and I was one of the only people in my village immune to the miasmas of the Plague.
- In one of my shortest lives, I was a stableboy.
- In my first life, I was a nomadic hunter as well as my clan's story-teller.
- In my last life, I was an astronomer.
- I'm not sure yet what I want to be in this life, but I hope it's something special.
Thursday, April 2, 2015
Kaija's Past Lives
I don't necessarily believe in the existence of past lives, but it's fun to imagine, right?