Thursday, March 12, 2015

Melfest Review: Jessica Andersson - Can't Hurt Me Now

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this song. It starts out pretty terribly, gets slightly better, and finishes with a decent ending. The beginning reminds me of Sanna's Empty Room, except with poorer vocals and worse lyrics, and there's very little that I actually like about the song. Let's break it down.

Things I Like About Can't Hurt Me Now:

  • The lighting. Honestly, it's the best part of the performance.
  • "All by myself, I'm letting go. I have to find strength in what I know." Best lyric in the song.


Things I Don't Like About Can't Hurt Me Now:

  • The beginning. 
  • Jessica's stage presence. She sort of just stands there and rocks back and forth while waving her arms about. 
  • The dress. That slit is way too high, and what is it with the capes this year? Seriously. 
  • The rest of the song. 

Overall verdict? 3/10. It could have been better. A lot better. 

What do you think? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment