Saturday, March 21, 2015

Eurovision Review: France with N'obliez Pas

First Thoughts: I really like the beginning of this song, but most of it is disappointingly forgettable. It's soft, and it's sweet, and maybe it'd go over well on anyone still awake on the Easy Listening Station, but I can't see it capturing many hearts in Vienna. It does pick up a bit towards the end, but that point I'm already half asleep.

Best Lyric: N’oubliez pas/ Effacée des cartes et des mémoires/ Je me souviens du rire des enfants/ La voix des hommes quand ils partaient aux champs/ Les fêtes des moissons/ L’odeur dans les maisons/ Les éclats d’amour et de joie/ Mais je suis là/ N’oubliez pas. As a poem, this is brilliant. As a song, less so.

Worst Lyric: There aren't any, really. The song isn't bad, it's just.... Boring.

Finalist? Yup.

Final Thoughts: I would really like to see France send an established artist like TAL or Shy'm to Eurovision. One day, far, far, far in the future, they're going to surprise us all by sending an English entry. Our great-great-grandchildren will be long dead by that point, but it's the thought that counts.

Score out of 12: I really love you, France, so I'm going to give you three loyalty points in addition to the pity point you're going to get from Angleterre this year. Four points!

No comments:

Post a Comment