Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Eurovision Review: Belarus with Time

First Thoughts: I really like this song. This is definitely in my top five. Also, the music video is awesome.

Best Lyric: Time is like thunder. This is the catchiest thing I've heard since they came out with that study about the plague-ridden gerbils. I've been singing it under my breath ever since I heard this song. Plus, I love the comparison. I just wish they'd explained it a little more. It's sort of like that riddle with the raven and the writing desk; it doesn't make much sense, but it's cool anyway.

Worst Lyric: Breaking out through the night made me see the bright light. That's called dawn, dude.

Finalist? Definitely.

Final Thoughts: Maybe time is scary? My dog is afraid of thunder. Time isn't loud, so that can't be it. Perhaps a better comparison might be time is like lightening. Maybe this duo doesn't get how storms work, or maybe they set out to confuse us. Who knows? Certainly not me.

Score out of 12: Ten. It's a good song, but it's not the kind of song that's going to get too many straight 12's outside its bloc.

No comments:

Post a Comment