Monday, March 9, 2015

Melfest Review: ISA - Don't Stop

I personally think ISA is going to be the Ace Wilder of last year - a newcomer upstaged by more popular, second-, third-, or seventh-time performers. Let's talk about the highs and lows of this song.


Things I Like About Don't Stop:

  • This song is very catchy, very hip, and very pop. I think that's going to work in her favor. 
  • She's only 16, which I think is another thing that's going to work in her favor. 
  • The chorus.

Things I Don't Like About Don't Stop: 
  • The rest of the song. This just isn't my style of music. I prefer slow, sad ballads like Kuula or Eg a Lif. 
  • She's only 16, and her performance and outfit are both very sexualized. Those skin-tight jeans and hip movements may go over well in the lady-loving community, but she's only 16. 
  • "Don't you ever stop." This just seems excessive, if you ask me. 

Verdict: 5/10. I can see her coming in top 5 because a lot of people like this style of music, but it's just not to my taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment