Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Eurovision Review: Italy with Grande Amore

First Thoughts: I'm going into this with the knowledge that this is the favorite to win, so I'm going to try my best to be objective, but it's hard with a beginning as wonderful as this. These gentlemen can sing, and they can sing well. The sad thing is that non-English songs are very rarely top three finishers. This song is just epic, though.

Best Lyric: Chiudo gli occhi e penso a lei il profumo dolce della pelle sua è una voce dentro che mi sta portando dove nasce il sole sole sono le parole ma se vanno scritte tutto può cambiare senza più timore te lo voglio urlare questo grande amore. I really like the beginning.

Worst Lyric: Despite living with a native Italian speaker, Italian is one of those languages that I can listen to without understanding a single word. Plus, I don't really hear anything wrong with this song. It's polished; it's perfect. It's a Ferrari 458 in a field of 1980 Honda Civics.

Finalist? Automatically. And rightly so.

Final Thoughts: I am definitely going to have to ask my MorMor what this all means, because I'm lovin' it.

Score out of 12: Douze points.

No comments:

Post a Comment