Monday, May 4, 2015

30 Day Blog Challenge Day 4: A Day in the Life

Just because I'm done with my formal schooling doesn't mean that I don't have other important things to do around the castle. Let me take you through a day in the life of the Crown Princess of Stardell.

  • At 06:00, I gracefully wake up to the beautiful sounds of birdsong. It's all very regal. My handmaiden helps me pick out my gown for the day and then we have breakfast together. On any given day, the castle chefs surprise us with a variety of pancakes, waffles, buns, biscuits, croissants, and fresh fruits picked right from our orchards and gardens. We generally spend at least a half an hour engaged in leisurely conversation before it's time to get dressed and greet the rest of the family. 
  • At 06:30, I leave my chambers fully dressed and ready for the day. MorMor, mommy and I have coffee in the alcove next to the throne room and discuss matters of state. 
  • At 07:30, it's time to greet the foreign dignitaries that have ridden in from nearby kingdoms. Most days we get one or two visitors in the morning and two or three in the afternoon who have come from further afield. 
  • Once 08:30 rolls around, it's time for some princess training. Luckily, I'm almost done so I only have to spend two hours with the castle tutors. I may or may not be failing poise class. 
  • At 10:30, it's fika time with mum and MorMor. 
  • At 11:00, my handmaiden helps me get changed into something decidedly less princess-y and we ride out to the ocean. I only have until 13:30 until I have to be back at the castle clean and poised for the next round of ambassadors, but until then it's time to play hard. We generally take a packed picnic prepared by the castle staff so we can make the most out of our time away from the hustle and bustle of royal life.
  • At 14:30, once all the visitors have been settled down into their chambers and properly attended to by servants and entertainers, I like to practice my piano playing. 
  • At 15:30, I generally change into peasant clothes to do a spot of gardening. Most of the Royal Court thinks it's un-princess-like of me, but MorMor does it too and the castle gardeners appreciate the help in any case. 
  • At 16:45, it's time for my royal bath. I fill my private bathtub with scented oils and bubble bath gel and bathe by candle-light in the finest of luxury. 
  • Dinner-time rolls around at 18:00. It would take me hours to describe the variety of delicious delicacies that the castle chefs prepare for us each night. 
  • I spend most of the time between dinner and bedtime reading in the castle library. 
  • And then my day is over, and it's time for bed. Ah, how glorious it is to be the princess of Stardell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment