Friday, May 15, 2015

30 Day Blog Challenge Day 15: My Horoscope

Personally, I think that astrology is a load of rubbish. I don't believe that big balls of gas thousands or millions of lightyears away control my personality or my day-to-day actions. But hey, maybe I was just born under a bad sign.

According to my.horoscope.com, my personality is as follows:

Strong, dependable Taurus leads the way when it comes to reaping the rewards of hard work. Lovers of everything that is fine and beautiful, Taureans surround themselves with material gains. This is a sensual, tactile sign. Touch is very important in everything from work to romance. Stable and conservative, Taureans are among the most reliable of the zodiac. While sometimes viewed as stubborn, this sign will plod along on a task until the very end, ensuring that everything is up to standard. They're highly creative and thoroughly enjoy making things with their own hands.

I don't consider myself particularly strong and while I am dependable, it's because I was raised well. I love beautiful things, but who doesn't? Touch is important to nearly everyone in the world as one of main five senses, and I am anything but stable and conservative. I prefer the term determined over stubborn, and while I am creative, I prefer to write rather than physically create. So, I suppose they got some things right, but I could go to Libra or Pisces or any other sign and find attributes that describe me just as well.

According to the same site, all of the following are also supposedly 'me:'

Strengths:
Dependable, patient, musical, practical.
Weaknesses:
Stubborn, uncompromising, possessive.
Charismatic marks:
Solid, big bones, tendency to gain weight.
Likes:
Gardening, cooking, working with hands, music, romance, high-quality clothing.
Dislikes:
Sudden changes, complications, insecurity of any kind, synthetic fabrics.
Best environment:
A secluded home close to nature. Good food is also important. Beauty and comfort are a must.

I am dependable, patient, not at all musical, and extremely impracticable. I'm determined, and the only thing I'm possessive of is food. I'm not very solid at all, I have a slender frame, and I tend more towards losing weight. I do like gardening, but I can't stand cooking. I don't really work with my hands often, and while I do like music and romance, I will wear anything right down to rags. I dislike everything on the dislike list, and that is kind of is the best environment for me.

Eh, I'm still not convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment